Saturday, June 15, 2013

Necromancing Narcoleptics

Names I have come up with for a band (if I ever get around to forming one):

Box of Donuts
Necromancing Narcoleptics
Brain Dead Chemists
Scientific Syphilis

For some reason I can't get anyone else to go along with any of them. The first is still my favorite (update: after watching the documentary on Netflix about killer whales in captivity, I no longer think it's funny to joke about dead baby whales, so if someone wants they can use the name, just know I will in no way support said band).

Have you ever wondered why Japan is do awesome? If not, you should have been pondering this question, and I will now pause for a moment to let you ponder it in solemn silence....if that moment wasn't long enough then pause again until you've had enough time (maybe watch a baseball game) and then come back for the answer. Part of the reason is that their dogs don't do their business like most dogs, no, their dogs leave ice cream treats of delight and joy.

Yes that is real and totally awesome!

To my grandma (and the two other people that look at this on occasion) it's okay if you don't understand what I'm talking about, no one really does including myself.

Symmetry, you think it's pretty cool and awesome, and in some regards it is, but in the long run it sucks. It sucks the life and soul out of you and will eventually want you to make everything around you completely unsymmetrical. This includes your own face (you remember how your mom would say, 'If you hold your face that way long enough it's going to stay like that forever...' that's where you obtained a real life lesson that you might need eventually) and that of loved ones as well. This they won't appreciate as much initially, but they will eventually learn to love you again. Symmetry is part of the problem with physics right now and why people are arguing about different models of how the world should be described. Personally I've been dealing with it on a much smaller scale and for problems that have far fewer effects on how we live and die. It still is a pain in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment