Sunday, March 31, 2013

My heart will go on...beating even after I'm dead because you'll be breaking my ribs and making it pump

For more reasons than one, it's a shame the titanic sunk.

Numerical noise. Who would have thought that it would be such a big deal? Not me, that's for sure. There seems to be some funky (and not in a good Parliament/P-Funk kind of way either) things going on with my project I've been working on. I'm getting some small imaginary eigenvalues. They should all be real, and the fact that they're small and imaginary says that it's not a huge problem but that there's some noise coming from somewhere in my program. I think I'm going to dig into the diagonalization routine tomorrow and see if that might be the issue. I hope it is...it probably isn't though. That seems to be an immutable physical law: whatever you hope it might be, it won't be that, in fact it's going to be the very thing you don't know about right now but if you did know about it right now you'd be offering your soul in exchange for it to not be that thing. I think I might be in purgatory. Anyone else here dead, or not really sure they're alive anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment